Toby Landau QC of Essex Court Chambers Duxton will be one of the speakers at a thought leadership event being run by the Singapore International Commercial Court and the Singapore International Dispute Resolution Academy, in association with White & Case, to consider dispute resolute options for trusts disputes. Issues which will be discussed include:
- the legal nature of a trust and the types of disputes to which trusts give rise;
- the equitable jurisdiction of the courts as the traditional preserve of trusts disputes;
- the increased interest among parties in arbitration and mediation as a means to resolve trusts disputes;
- the challenges that trusts disputes present for arbitration and mediation and the institutional and legislative responses to those challenges; and
- the options for resolving trusts disputes in Singapore, including the potential role for the SICC.
The event will take place on 7 August 2019 in the Supreme Court Building, Viewing Gallery, Level 8, 1 Supreme Court Lane Singapore, 178889. Further details are available at https://twitter.com/sidrasingapore?lang=en